Very Rare Antique Octagonal Handled Flint Glass Decanter C1730
An incredible piece of flint glass history. This decanter has been lying in the same country house estate since its purchase and has miraculously stayed undamaged throughout its life. Eight sided panelled body with pouring lip and finely executed handle. Height 7.5 inches, width 3.5 inches. Rough pontil to base. Clear glass bottle decanters were the height of elegance and fashion for the landed gentry and commanded a premium price when bought. Examples exist in various sizes but this smaller version is particularly appealing. Perfect condition. English C1730
**Carreglwyd Country House on the Isle of Angelsey, Wales** Built in 1634 by Dr William Griffith who was Chancellor of St Asaph & Master of the Rolls to Charles 1. Google Carreglwyd and the houses full history can be found.
Buy via PayPalPay now
Enquire about this product via emailContact us